work of art
- The definition of work of art is something that is considered to have aesthetic value, something that is beautiful, intriguing, interesting, creative or extremely well done.
- An example of a work of art is a painting by Monet.
- An example of a work of art is a beautifully made piece of furniture.
work of art definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- something produced in one of the fine arts, esp. in one of the graphic or plastic arts, as a painting, sculpture, carving, etc.
- anything made, done, performed, etc. with great skill and beauty
work of art definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun pl. works of art
- A product of the fine arts, especially a painting or sculpture.
- Something likened to a fine artistic work, as by reason of beauty or craft.