- flying or capable of flying
- nimble; agile; quick
- Heraldry represented as flying: a crane volant
Origin of volant; from French or L: French volant ; from Classical Latin volans, present participle of volare, to fly
- Flying or capable of flying: volant mammals.
- Moving quickly or nimbly; agile.
- Heraldry Depicted with the wings extended as in flying.
Origin of volantLatin volans, volant-, present participle of volare, to fly. Sense 3, from French, from Old French, present participle of voler, to fly, from Latin volare.
From Middle French volant, present participle of voler (“to fly"), from Latin volÄre.