- flying or capable of flying
- nimble; agile; quick
- Heraldry represented as flying: a crane volant
Origin of volantfrom French or L: French volant from Classical Latin volans, present participle of volare, to fly
- Flying or capable of flying: volant mammals.
- Moving quickly or nimbly; agile.
- Heraldry Depicted with the wings extended as in flying.
Origin of volantLatin volāns volant- present participle of volāre to fly Sense 3, from French from Old French present participle of voler to fly from Latin volāre
From Middle French volant, present participle of voler (“to fly"), from Latin volÄre.