- striking obliquely and going off at an angle: a glancing blow
- indirect or passing
The definition of glancing is going to the side, or passing.
An example of glancing is a look to the side such as "She gave a glancing look as she walked by the troublemakers."
- Oblique in direction; slanting or deflected: struck him a glancing blow.
- Not straightforward; indirect: made glancing allusions to the scandal.
- Present participle of glance.
(comparative more glancing, superlative most glancing)
- "I think you'll be okay," she said, glancing at the mansion.
- Glancing at the road behind them he pulled back onto the highway.
- "Yes, it is," Toni said, glancing at him.
- "I guess not," he said, glancing around.
- Glancing into the family room, he turned back to Cynthia.