The definition of reclusive is someone who keeps to himself and who avoids other people.
A person who doesn't like to be around other people is an example of someone who is reclusive.
- Seeking or preferring seclusion or isolation.
- Providing seclusion: a reclusive hut.
(comparative more reclusive, superlative most reclusive)
- Only when the hawk is brought down by a hunter's arrow and they are forced to make haste to seek the help of a strange reclusive monk, played by Leo McKern, does the little thief begin to piece together their story.
- While those who are emo usually appear mysterious or reclusive, the truth of the matter is they often love the attention they receive for looking and acting differently from their peers.
- If you have a shy cat that tends to be reclusive, you will need to do more preparation to ease the transition of sharing life with a new baby.
- Julia hated her reclusive existence and began working with photographer Michael Scott who does little to hide his attraction for her.
- The Amish are a reclusive religious society that are primarily settled in Pennsylvannia in the United States.