- simple past tense and past participle of mingle
Variant of mingle
transitive verbmingled, mingling
- to bring or mix together; combine; blend
- Now Rare to make by mixing ingredients; compound
Origin of mingleMiddle English mengelen, frequentative of mengen ; from Old English mengan, to mix, akin to German mengen ; from Indo-European base an unverified form menk-, to knead from source Classical Greek massein
- to be or become mixed, blended, etc.
- to join, unite, associate, or take part with others