- The definition of an admiration is a person or thing being adored or loved.
An example of an admiration is a talented Olympian.
- Admiration is defined as the act of adoring or loving.
An example of admiration is the look in the eyes of a couple in love.
- the act of admiring
- the sense of wonder, delight, and pleased approval inspired by anything fine, skillful, beautiful, etc.
- a thing or person inspiring such feelings
- Archaic the act of wondering
Origin: Middle English admiracion ; from Classical Latin admiratio ; from admirari: see admire
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A feeling of pleasure, wonder, and approval. See Synonyms at regard.
- An object of wonder and esteem; a marvel.
- Archaic Wonder.