- an amazed condition; great wonder; astonishment
- Obs. bewilderment
Something has amazed this little boy.
The definition of amazement is the act of being in awe or being astonished.
An example of amazement is when a child witnesses a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
- A state of extreme surprise or wonder; astonishment.
- Obsolete Bewilderment; perplexity.
(countable and uncountable, plural amazements)
- The expression on her face was a mixture of dazed desire and amazement.
- She stared up at him in amazement as she absorbed his offhanded invitation.
- To her amazement, the cat's head appeared.
- She fixed her eyes on him in amazement, smiling as if she did not recognize him.
- "Why," cried Dorothy, in amazement, "it's Oz!"