- the fact or condition of being bewildered
- a confusion; jumble
The definition of bewilderment is a feeling of confusion or lack of understanding.
An example of bewilderment is what you feel when you have tried to solve a very hard problem.
- The condition of being confused or disoriented.
- A situation of perplexity or confusion; a tangle: a bewilderment of lies and half-truths.
From bewilder + -ment.
- He said, "Strong words and capping threats from government will simply cause weary bewilderment."
- From cravings for your favorite cooked foods to bewilderment over what exactly you can eat, it helps to have a place to turn with your questions, moments of panic, and other concerns.
- Her hand paused as she stared in bewilderment at what sat in the bottom of the bath tub.
- Uncertain how to respond, Deidre laughed uncomfortably at the amount of bewilderment his question contained.
- The delights of love are made to stand for the raptures of union with the divine, the tavern symbolizes an oratory, and intoxication is the bewilderment of sense before the surpassing vision.