Perplexity is a feeling of being confused.
An example of perplexity is when you are not able to complete a complicated math problem.
- the condition of being perplexed; bewilderment; confusion
- pl. -·ties something that perplexes
- something that is perplexed, or complicated
Origin of perplexityMiddle English perplexite from Middle French perplexité from Late Latin perplexitas
- The state of being perplexed or puzzled.
- The state of being intricate or complicated: “the perplexity of life in twentieth-century America” ( Daniel J. Boorstin )
- Something that perplexes: the perplexities of English pronunciation.
From Middle French perplexitÃ© or post-classical Latin perplexitas "˜entanglement', from perplexus.