Perplexity is a feeling of being confused.noun
An example of perplexity is when you are not able to complete a complicated math problem.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- the condition of being perplexed; bewilderment; confusion
- pl. perplexities something that perplexes
- something that is perplexed, or complicated
Origin: ME perplexite < MFr perplexité < LL perplexitas
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
noun pl. per·plex·i·ties
- The state of being perplexed or puzzled.
- The state of being intricate or complicated: “the perplexity of life in twentieth-century America” (Daniel J. Boorstin).
- Something that perplexes.