- The definition of emergency is something that is for urgent needs or can be used when it is suddenly needed.
- An example would be an emergency room, the part of a hospital where urgent care is given to the sick.
- An example is an emergency brake, used for stopping a car very quickly.
- An emergency is defined as a sudden, unexpected situation that causes the need to take immediate action.
- An example of an emergency is a sudden illness that needs a doctor's care.
- An example of an emergency is a downed power line that must be repaired in the middle of the night.
An ambulance responding to an emergency situation.
Origin of emergencyorigin, originally sense, emergence: see emergence
- A serious situation or occurrence that happens unexpectedly and demands immediate action.
- A condition of urgent need for action or assistance: a state of emergency.
Cardiac arrest is an emergency and if you find someone in cardiac arrest you should call 999 immediately.
- Related to the emergency or to the provision of assistance.
- emergency vehicles