- When a situation of grave danger requires you to act now, this is an example of urgency.
- When you speak with great persistence and passion, this is an example of a time when you speak with urgency.
Urgency is defined as something requiring fast or swift action, or it means insistent or having a persistent quality.
- the quality or state of being urgent; need for action, haste, etc.; stress or pressure, as of necessity
- insistence; importunity
- something urgent
- The quality or condition of being urgent; pressing importance: the urgency of the call for help; pleading with urgency.
- A pressing necessity.
- The quality or condition of being urgent; insistence; pressure; as, the urgency of a demand or an occasion.