- The definition of impression is the way you feel about something, the way that something looks or seems or impression can describe the impact you have on others.
- An example of impression is when you meet someone and like them.
- An example of impression is when someone acts angry.
- An example of impression is when you meet someone and try to make them like you.
- Impression is defined as to leave an imprint on something or to influence something or someone.
- An example of impression is the mark you make when you press your finger into clay.
- An example of impression is when someone who meets you continues to talk on and on about you.
impression definition by Webster's New World
- the act of impressing
- a result or effect of impressing; specif.,
- a mark, imprint, etc. made by physical pressure
- an effect produced, as on the mind or senses, by some force or influence
- the effect produced by any effort or activity: hard cleaning made little impression on the stain
- a notion, feeling, or recollection, esp. a vague one
- a first or single coat of paint or color
- an imitation or mimicking intended as a caricature or amusing impersonation
- the imprint of the teeth and surrounding tissues in wax, plaster, etc., used as a mold in making dentures
- the mold used to make an inlay
- the pressing or pressure of type or plates as on paper; printing
- a printed copy
- all the copies printed in a single operation from a set of unaltered type or plates
Origin: Middle English impressioun ; from Old French impression ; from Classical Latin impressio
- impressional adjective
impression definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An effect, feeling, or image retained as a consequence of experience.
- A vague notion, remembrance, or belief: I have the impression that we have met once before.
- A mark produced on a surface by pressure.
- The act or process of impressing.
- Printing a. All the copies of a publication printed at one time from the same set of type.b. A single copy of such a printing.
- A humorous imitation of the voice and mannerisms of a famous person done by an entertainer.
- An initial or single coat of color or paint.
- Dentistry An imprint of the teeth and surrounding tissues, formed with a plastic material that hardens into a mold for use in making dentures, inlays, or plastic models.
impression - Computer Definition
An advertisement on a Web page. If ads on the Web are not based on a click-through rate (CTR), they are typically sold on a cost per thousand (CPM) basis. One impression is one banner ad displayed on one page. Also called a "view" or "ad view." See banner ad, interstitial ad, pay-per-click and click-through rate.
impression - Medical Definition
- An effect, a feeling, or an image retained as a consequence of experience.
- A mark or indentation made by the pressure of one organ on the surface of another.
- An imprint of the teeth and surrounding tissues, formed with a plastic material that hardens into a mold for use in making dentures, inlays, or plastic models.