- An example of a finding is an artifact from ancient ruins.
- An example of a finding is a clasp for a pair of pants.
The definition of a finding is a discovery or the act of discovering, or a small item, such as a button or jewelry, used in making clothing.
- the act of one who finds; discovery
- something found or discovered
- miscellaneous small articles or materials used in making garments, shoes, jewelry, etc., as buttons, buckles, or clasps
- the conclusion reached after an examination or consideration of facts or data by a judge, coroner, scholar, etc.
Origin of findingME: see find
- Something that has been found.
- a. A conclusion reached after examination or investigation: the finding of a grand jury; a coroner's findings.b. A statement or document containing an authoritative decision or conclusion: a presidential finding that authorized the covert operation.
- findings Small tools and materials used by an artisan: a jeweler's findings.
- Present participle of find.