The definition of marvelous is a surprising, amazing or very good person, thing or event.adjective
- An example of a marvelous day is a beautiful sunny day when the forecast was rain.
- An example of a marvelous event is the first time a plane took flight.
- causing wonder; surprising, astonishing, or extraordinary
- so extraordinary as to be improbable, incredible, or miraculous
- very good; fine; splendid
Origin: ME merveilous < OFr merveillos < merveille: see marvel
- marvelously adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Causing wonder or astonishment.
- Miraculous; supernatural.
- Of the highest or best kind or quality; first-rate: has a marvelous collection of rare books.
- marˈvel·ous·ly adverb
- marˈvel·ous·ness noun