- The definition of glorious is a person or thing that is magnificent and worthy of high praise.
An example of glorious is a wonderful dance performance.
glorious definition by Webster's New World
- having, giving, or deserving glory
- splendid; magnificent
- Informal very delightful or enjoyable
Origin: Middle English and amp; Anglo-French ; from Old French glorios ; from Classical Latin gloriosus
glorious definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having or deserving glory; famous.
- Conferring or advancing glory: a glorious achievement.
- Characterized by great beauty and splendor; magnificent: a glorious sunset.
- Delightful; wonderful: had a glorious visit with old friends.
- gloˈri·ous·ly adverb
- gloˈri·ous·ness noun