Qualities is defined as the features or characteristics of a person or thing.noun
Examples of qualities are charisma, intelligence and responsiveness.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Variant of quality
noun pl. qualities
- any of the features that make something what it is; characteristic element; attribute
- basic nature; character; kind
- the degree of excellence which a thing possesses
- excellence; superiority
- Now Rare position, capacity, or role
- Now Rare high social position
- Now Chiefly Dial. people of high social position
- Acoustics the property of a tone determined by its overtones; timbre
- Logic that characteristic of a proposition according to which it is classified as affirmative or negative
- Phonet. the distinctive character of a vowel sound as determined by the resonance of the vocal cords and the shape of the air passage above the larynx when the sound is produced
Origin: ME qualite < OFr < L qualitas < qualis, of what kind: see quale
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.