- Qualities is defined as the features or characteristics of a person or thing.
Examples of qualities are charisma, intelligence and responsiveness.
Variant of quality
- any of the features that make something what it is; characteristic element; attribute
- basic nature; character; kind
- the degree of excellence which a thing possesses
- excellence; superiority
- Now Rare position, capacity, or role
- Now Rare high social position
- Now Chiefly Dial. people of high social position
- Acoustics the property of a tone determined by its overtones; timbre
- Logic that characteristic of a proposition according to which it is classified as affirmative or negative
- Phonet. the distinctive character of a vowel sound as determined by the resonance of the vocal cords and the shape of the air passage above the larynx when the sound is produced
Origin of qualityMiddle English qualite ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin qualitas ; from qualis, of what kind: see quale
of high quality: quality goods