- Qualities is defined as the features or characteristics of a person or thing.
Examples of qualities are charisma, intelligence and responsiveness.
Variant of quality
noun pl. qualities
- any of the features that make something what it is; characteristic element; attribute
- basic nature; character; kind
- the degree of excellence which a thing possesses
- excellence; superiority
- Now Rare position, capacity, or role
- Now Rare high social position
- Now Chiefly Dial. people of high social position
- Acoustics the property of a tone determined by its overtones; timbre
- Logic that characteristic of a proposition according to which it is classified as affirmative or negative
- Phonet. the distinctive character of a vowel sound as determined by the resonance of the vocal cords and the shape of the air passage above the larynx when the sound is produced
Origin: Middle English qualite ; from Old French ; from Classical Latin qualitas ; from qualis, of what kind: see quale
of high quality: quality goods