- When you read something in a book and you don't understand its actual meaning but instead believe that it means something different entirely, this is an example of a misunderstanding of the book.
- When you and your spouse have a little fight over whose turn it is go to pick up groceries, this is an example of a misunderstanding.
The definition of a misunderstanding is a situation where something is not understood properly, or a quarrel or disagreement.
- a failure to understand; mistake of meaning or intention
- a quarrel or disagreement
- A failure to understand or interpret correctly.
- A disagreement or quarrel.
- A mistake as to the meaning of something; erroneous interpretation; misconception.
- A disagreement; difference of opinion; dissension; quarrel.
- Present participle of misunderstand.