- that wins; victorious
- attractive; charming
- the action of a person that wins; victory
- something won, esp. money
- a shaft, bed, etc. in a coal mine, opened for mining
See winning in American Heritage Dictionary 4
a. Of or relating to the act of winning: drew the winning number in the lottery.
b. Successful; victorious: the winning entry; the winning team.
- Attractive; charming: a winning personality; a winning smile.
- The act of one that wins; victory.
- Something won, especially money. Often used in the plural.
- A section of a mine that has been recently prepared or opened for working.
Learn more about winning