- that wins; victorious: the winning contestant
- earning a prize: a winning lottery ticket
- characterized by victory or good fortune: a gambler's winning streak
- attractive; charming
- the action of a person that wins; victory
- something won, esp. money
- a shaft, bed, etc. in a coal mine, opened for mining
- a. Of or relating to the act of winning: drew the winning number in the lottery.b. Successful; victorious: the winning entry; the winning team.
- Attractive; charming: a winning personality; a winning smile.
- The act of one that wins; victory.
- often winnings Something won, especially money.
- A section of a mine that has been recently prepared or opened for working.
- Present participle of win.
- Our horse was winning the race, but fell back just before the finish line.
(comparative more winning or winninger, superlative most winning or winningest)
NounSee also: winnings