- The definition of triumphant is the feeling of being joyful, jubilant and proud after a success or victory.
The way you feel after your team wins the Superbowl is an example of triumphant.
- successful; victorious
- rejoicing for victory; exulting in success; elated
- Rare triumphal
- Obsolete magnificent
Origin of triumphantClassical Latin triumphans, present participle of triumphare: see triumph
- Exulting in success or victory.
- Victorious; conquering.
- Archaic Triumphal.
- Obsolete Magnificent; splendid.
(comparative more triumphant, superlative most triumphant)
- Celebrating victory.
- a triumphant chariot
- Triumphant out of this infernal pit.
- So shall it be in the church triumphant.
- Athena, war's triumphant maid...