- Present participle of cluster.
- The action of the verb to cluster.
- A grouping of a number of similar things.
- (demographics) The grouping of a population based on ethnicity, economics or religion.
- (computing) The undesirable, contiguous grouping of elements in a hash table.
- (writing) A prewriting technique consisting of writing ideas down on a sheet of paper around a central idea within a circle, with the related ideas radially joined to the circle using rays.
clustering - Computer Definition
Using two or more computer systems that work together. It generally refers to multiple servers that are linked together in order to handle variable workloads or to provide continued operation in the event one fails. Each computer is a multiprocessor system itself. For example, a cluster of four computers, each with 16 CPU cores, would enable 64 unique processing threads to take place simultaneously.