- the act of driving cattle, etc. together on the range and collecting them in a herd, as for branding, inspection, or shipping
- the herd of cattle, etc. thus collected
- the cowboys, horses, etc. that do this work
- any similar driving together, collecting, or gathering: a roundup of suspected persons
- a summary, as of information, news, etc.
- a. The herding together of cattle for inspection, branding, or shipping.b. The cattle so herded.c. The workers and horses employed in such herding.
- A gathering up, as of people under suspicion by the police.
- A summary: a news roundup.