- The definition of a rigger is a person who maintains oil rigs or scaffolding, sailing ships or air craft rigging, or a person who manipulates situations to his or her advantage.
- If you build and maintain scaffolding used by window washers, this is an example of when you are a rigger.
- If you use a stacked deck of cards and cheat at the game so you'll always win, this is an example of when you are a rigger.
rigger definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
a person who rigs; specif.,
- a person who works with hoisting tackle and the like
- a person whose work is assembling the fuselage, wings, etc. of aircraft
- a person who packs parachute assemblies
- a person who works with an oil rig
rigger definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One that rigs: oil and gas riggers.
- Nautical A ship with a specific kind of rigging.