- To thrive is defined as to be successful in managing business or money.
An example of to thrive is investing in a stock that makes lots of money.
- Thrive means to grow strong and healthy.
An example of to thrive is the growth of a successful vegetable garden.
thrive definition by Webster's New World
- to prosper or flourish; be successful, esp. as the result of economical management
- to grow vigorously or luxuriantly; improve physically
Origin: Middle English thrifen ; from Old Norse thrifast, to prosper, reflex. of thrifa, to grasp
thrive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
intransitive verb thrived thrived or throve , thrived thrived or thriv·en , thriv·ing, thrives
- To make steady progress; prosper.
- To grow vigorously; flourish: “the wild deer that throve here” (Tom Clancy).
Origin: Middle English thriven, from Old Norse thrīfask, reflexive of thrīfa, to seize.
- thrivˈer noun