- The definition of a blossom is a flower or a group of flowers.
A example of a blossom is a group of roses.
- Blossom means to grow or develop.
An example of to blossom is for a wild child to turn into a polite young lady.
Pink blossoms on a cherry tree.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- a flower or bloom, esp. of a fruit-bearing plant
- a state or time of flowering
Origin: Middle English blosme ; from Old English blostma, blostm: for Indo-European base see bloom
- to have or open into blossoms; bloom
- to begin to thrive or flourish; develop
- blossomy adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A flower or cluster of flowers.
- The condition or time of flowering: peach trees in blossom.
- A period or condition of maximum development. See Synonyms at bloom1.
- To come into flower; bloom.
- To develop; flourish: The child blossomed into a beauty.
Origin: Middle English, from Old English blōstm; see bhel-3 in Indo-European roots.
- blosˈsom·y adjective