overgrow[ō′vər grō′, ō′vər grō′]
overgrow definition by Webster's New World
transitive verb overgrew, overgrown, overgrowing
- to overspread with growth or foliage so as to cover
- to grow too large for; outgrow
- to grow too large or too fast
- to grow beyond normal size
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- overgrowth noun
overgrow definition by American Heritage Dictionary
verb o·ver·grew , o·ver·grown , o·ver·grow·ing, o·ver·grows verb, transitive
- To grow over with herbage or foliage.
- To grow beyond or too large for.
- To grow beyond normal or usual size.
- To become grown over, as with unwanted vegetation or weeds.