overgrow[ō′vər grō′, ō′vər grō′]
transitive verbovergrew, overgrown, overgrowing
- to overspread with growth or foliage so as to cover
- to grow too large for; outgrow
- to grow too large or too fast
- to grow beyond normal size
verbo·ver·grew , o·ver·grown , o·ver·grow·ing, o·ver·grows
- To grow over with herbage or foliage.
- To grow beyond or too large for.
- To grow beyond normal or usual size.
- To become grown over, as with unwanted vegetation or weeds.
(third-person singular simple present overgrows, present participle overgrowing, simple past overgrew, past participle overgrown)
over- +"Ž grow