- The definition of biennial is happening every two years.
An example of a biennial event is a local election that happens every other year.
- A biennial is defined as an event that happens every two years, or a plant that lasts two years.
An example of a biennial is parsley.
- happening every two years
- lasting or living two years
Origin of biennial; from Classical Latin biennium, period of two years ; from bi-, bi- + annus, year + -al
- a biennial event or occurrence
- Bot. a plant that lasts two years, usually producing flowers and seed the second year
- Lasting or living for two years.
- Happening every second year.
- Botany Having a life cycle that normally takes two growing seasons to complete.
- An event that occurs every two years.
- Botany a. A plant that normally requires two seasons to complete its life cycle, growing usually as a rosette in the first season and producing flowers and fruits and then dying in the second season.b. A perennial plant, such as the English daisy, cultivated as a biennial.