- An example of a fruitful woman is a woman with 10 children.
- An example of fruitful efforts are efforts to fund-raise that end up generating millions in donations.
The definition of fruitful is a fertile person with many children, or a plant that produces a lot of fruit, or something productive or effective.
- bearing much fruit
- producing much; productive; prolific
- producing results; profitable: a fruitful plan
Origin of fruitfulMiddle English
- a. Producing fruit, especially in abundance.b. Producing offspring, especially in abundance.c. Capable of producing vegetation: fruitful soil.
- Producing useful or desired results; productive: a fruitful collaboration; a fruitful suggestion. See Synonyms at fertile.
(comparative more fruitful, superlative most fruitful)
fruit + -ful