- that can be of service; ready for use
- adequate for its purpose
- that will give good service, esp. in hard use; durable: a serviceable fabric
- Archaic willing to serve
Origin of serviceableMiddle English servisable ; from Old French
- Ready for service; usable: serviceable equipment.
- Able to give long service; durable: a heavy, serviceable fabric.
- ser′vice·a·bil′i·ty, ser′vice·a·ble·ness
(comparative more serviceable, superlative most serviceable)
- Easy to service
- Repairable instead of disposable
- In condition for use