- A trusty old dog who is always by your side is an example of something that would be described as dependable.
- Someone who you can always count on to do what he promises is an example of someone who would be described as dependable.
The definition of dependable is someone or something who is reliable and trustworthy or who can be counted on.
that can be depended on; trustworthy; reliable
Trustworthy. See Synonyms at reliable.
- de·pend′a·bil′i·ty de·pend′a·ble·ness
(comparative more dependable, superlative most dependable)
- Able, or easily able to be depended on.
- He was a very dependable person.
- A reliable person or thing.