The definition of irresponsible is not capable of handling assignments or taking responsibility.adjective
An example of an irresponsible person is someone who constantly forgets to do her assignments.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- not liable to be called to account for actions
- lacking a sense of responsibility; unreliable, shiftless, etc.
- said or done as by an irresponsible person
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Marked by a lack of responsibility: irresponsible accusations.
- Lacking a sense of responsibility; unreliable or untrustworthy.
- Law Not mentally or financially fit to assume responsibility.
- Not liable to be called to account by a higher authority.
- One who has no sense of responsibility.
- Law One who is mentally or financially unfit to assume responsibility for one's actions.
- One who is unlikely to be called to account by a higher authority.
- irˌre·sponˌsi·bilˈi·ty, irˌre·sponˈsi·ble·ness noun
- irˌre·sponˈsi·bly adverb