- The definition of irresponsible is not capable of handling assignments or taking responsibility.
An example of an irresponsible person is someone who constantly forgets to do her assignments.
irresponsible definition by Webster's New World
not responsible; specif.,
- not liable to be called to account for actions
- lacking a sense of responsibility; unreliable, shiftless, etc.
- said or done as by an irresponsible person
an irresponsible person
irresponsible definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Marked by a lack of responsibility: irresponsible accusations.
- Lacking a sense of responsibility; unreliable or untrustworthy.
- Law Not mentally or financially fit to assume responsibility.
- Not liable to be called to account by a higher authority.
- One who has no sense of responsibility.
- Law One who is mentally or financially unfit to assume responsibility for one's actions.
- One who is unlikely to be called to account by a higher authority.
- irˌre·sponˌsi·bilˈi·ty, irˌre·sponˈsi·ble·ness noun
- irˌre·sponˈsi·bly adverb