irresponsible[ir′i spän′sə bəl]
An example of an irresponsible person is someone who constantly forgets to do her assignments.
- not liable to be called to account for actions
- lacking a sense of responsibility; unreliable, shiftless, etc.
- said or done as by an irresponsible person
- Marked by a lack of responsibility: irresponsible accusations.
- Lacking a sense of responsibility; unreliable or untrustworthy.
- Not liable to be called to account by a higher authority.
- One who has no sense of responsibility.
- One who is unlikely to be called to account by a higher authority.
- ir′re·spon′si·bil′i·ty, ir′re·spon′si·ble·ness
(comparative more irresponsible, superlative most irresponsible)
- Someone who is not responsible.
ir- + responsible