The definition of trustworthy is someone who is honest who can be entrusted with your secrets or with anything else of importance.
An example of trustworthy is the person who babysits your kids or who you tell your secrets to.
Warranting trust; reliable. See Synonyms at reliable.
- History, and to determine where the line is to be drawn between trustworthy and untrustworthy details.
- I think I've convinced them that you're a trustworthy soul.
- Mostly, she was trustworthy and accurate.
- Jule was as close as trustworthy as someone ever got in Xander's book.
- (1822), who, with his father, explored the coast between 69° and 75° N., and gave the first fairly trustworthy map of it.