The definition of conducive is something that brings about or leads to something.
An example of conducive is favorable weather being the best for an outdoor picnic.
Tending to cause or bring something about; contributive: working conditions not conducive to productivity.
(comparative more conducive, superlative most conducive)
- Darkness is conducive to sleep.
- This isn't especially conducive to solving your problems.
- The goal is to establish venues conducive to a wide range of artistic endeavors.
- Adding extra lean mass is not necessarily conducive to improved performance.
- These are conducive conditions for creative decision making.