- Tantalizing is getting someone interested or excited, especially when you get someone excited in a teasing manner about something he or she cannot have.
- When you make someone a delicious meal and present it on the table, this is an example of tantalizing the person with food.
- When someone comes very close to a promotion but isn't actually promoted, this is an example of a tantalizing someone with achievement.
- that tantalizes
- tempting; enticing: a tantalizing odor of cookies
(comparative more tantalizing, superlative most tantalizing)
- Present participle of tantalize.
Variant of tantalize