- of the nature of, or involving, libel or a libel
- given to writing and publishing libels; defamatory
Involving or constituting a libel; defamatory.
(comparative more libelous, superlative most libelous)
- (US) defamatory, libeling, referring to something that causes harm to someone's reputation especially with malice or disregard.
- The accusation was libelous, full of falsehoods, spite and malice.
- (US) meeting the legal standards for libel.
- The court found the statement was not libelous because it was true.