- The definition of complimentary is something that is free or included in a larger cost.
An example of complimentary are the peanuts which are included in the cost of an airline ticket.
- Complimentary is defined as something that is flattering or shows admiration.
An example of complimentary used as an adjective is complimentary behavior, such as if you tell a stranger that he has nice shoes.
- paying or containing a compliment; expressing courtesy, respect, admiration, or praise
- given free as a courtesy: a complimentary ticket
- Expressing, using, or resembling a compliment: a concert that received complimentary reviews.
- Given as a courtesy at no charge: complimentary copies of the new book.
(comparative more complimentary, superlative most complimentary)
- Complimentary and complementary are frequently confused and misused in place of one another.
compliment + -ary