The definition of accusatory are actions, statements or behaviors that imply that someone has done something wrong.
An example of an accusatory action would be pointing your finger at a guilty person.
Containing or implying accusation: an accusatory glare.
(comparative more accusatory, superlative most accusatory)
- First attested around 1600.
- accuse + -atory
- You will want to confront her eventually about it, but not in an accusatory manner in case you are wrong.
- The therapy won't be effective if one of you feels alienated, as if the therapist is accusatory or taking sides.
- His voice held an accusatory note that Kris ignored.
- This seemed to satisfy the official, who was obviously embarrassed over the entire debacle and infinitely relieved that at least half their problem was solved without any accusatory newspaper headlines.
- I asked before I realized how accusatory the question sounded.