- The definition of an accusation is a statement made against a person that they have done something wrong, or is the wrongdoing that a person is accused of having done.
- An example of an accusation is when a person files a complaint against another person for theft.
- Robbery is an example of an accusation.
accusation definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an accusing or being accused
- the crime or wrong of which a person is accused
accusation definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- An act of accusing or the state of being accused.
- A charge of wrongdoing that is made against a person or other party.
accusation - Legal Definition