- an accusing or being accused
- the crime or wrong of which a person is accused
- An example of an accusation is when a person files a complaint against another person for theft.
- Robbery is an example of an accusation.
The definition of an accusation is a statement made against a person that they have done something wrong, or is the wrongdoing that a person is accused of having done.
- An act of accusing or the state of being accused.
- A charge of wrongdoing that is made against a person or other party.
accusation - Legal Definition
- His accusation and fury were plain on his flushed face.
- The history of this accusation is by no means clear.
- He was not popular with his subjects, who even brought an accusation against him in Rome, on which occasion he was defended by Tiberius.
- No accusation made by a critic ever fell so wide of the mark.
- On the 16th Germinal, Tallien procured a decree of accusation against him, but he was already in safety, taking refuge probably at Lausanne.