- A potion that is supposed to make you feel better when you drink it is an example of something that would be described as a remedial potion.
- A class that is supposed to catch students up on basic math concepts that they should know, is an example of somethingthat would be described as remedial math.
The definition of remedial is something provided to cure, or something designed to get a student up to speed who is behind.
- providing, or intended to provide, a remedy
- Educ. designating or of any special course of study for helping students overcome deficiencies in specific skills, abilities, or knowledge: remedial reading
Origin of remedialLate Latin remedialis
- Supplying a remedy.
- Intended to correct or improve deficient skills in a specific subject: remedial reading.
(comparative more remedial, superlative most remedial)
From Latin remedialis