- The definition of remedial is something provided to cure, or something designed to get a student up to speed who is behind.
- A potion that is supposed to make you feel better when you drink it is an example of something that would be described as a remedial potion.
- A class that is supposed to catch students up on basic math concepts that they should know, is an example of somethingthat would be described as remedial math.
- providing, or intended to provide, a remedy
- ☆ Educ. designating or of any special course of study for helping students overcome deficiencies in specific skills, abilities, or knowledge: remedial reading
Origin: LL remedialis
- remedially adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Supplying a remedy.
- Intended to correct or improve deficient skills in a specific subject: remedial reading.
- re·meˈdi·al·ly adverb