- An example of reconstruction is when the economy of a country is rebuilt or restored after the war.
- An example of reconstruction is a piecing together of the causes of an accident using available evidence.
- An example of reconstruction is the period from 1865-1877 when the southern states rejoined the union and African Americans were given more civil rights.
Reconstruction is the act or process of rebuilding something, or is a recreation of past events, or the period after the Civil War when the southern states were reorganized into the U.S.
- the act of reconstructing
- something reconstructed
- [R-] the process, after the Civil War, of reorganizing the Southern states which had seceded and reestablishing them in the Union
- [R-] the period of this (1867-77)
- The act or result of reconstructing.
- Reconstruction The period (1865-1877) during which the states that had seceded to the Confederacy were controlled by the federal government before being readmitted to the Union.
- A thing that has been reconstructed or restored to an earlier state.
- The act of restoring something to an earlier state.
- The reconstruction of the medieval bridge began last year.
- An attempt to understand in detail how certain events took place or happened.
- The detective's reconstruction of what happened that night is dubious.
- A period of the history of the United States from 1865 to 1877, during which the nation tried to resolve the status of the ex-Confederate states, the ex-Confederate leaders, and the Freedmen (ex-slaves) after the American Civil War.
Reconstruction era of the United States on Wikipedia.