- the act or process of a person or thing that packs; specif.,
- the large-scale, esp. commercial, processing and packaging of meats, fruits, or vegetables
- Med. the filling of a wound or cavity with gauze, etc. to permit drainage and prevent closure
- any material used to pack, as excelsior, cardboard, etc. used in packages to cushion and brace the contents, a substance put around valves to make them watertight, etc.
- The act or process of one that packs.
- The processing and packaging of manufactured products, especially food products.
- A material used to prevent leakage or seepage, as around a pipe joint.
- a. The insertion of gauze or other material into a body cavity or wound for therapeutic purposes.b. The material so used; a pack.
- Present participle of pack.
- The action of the verb.
- As a concrete noun.
- Material used to fill in the space around something, especially to make a piston etc. watertight or airtight.
- Material used to wrap a product for sale etc.; packaging.
- A fee charged to cover the costs of packaging.
- Special material used to fill containers or vessels for certain chemically related applications.
From pack (partly from the verb, partly from the noun) + -ing.