A machine used in the process of meat packing.
packing definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act or process of a person or thing that packs; specif.,
- the large-scale, esp. commercial, processing and packaging of meats, fruits, or vegetables
- Med. the filling of a wound or cavity with gauze, etc. to permit drainage and prevent closure
- any material used to pack, as excelsior, cardboard, etc. used in packages to cushion and brace the contents, a substance put around valves to make them watertight, etc.
packing definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- The act or process of one that packs.
- The processing and packaging of manufactured products, especially food products.
- A material used to prevent leakage or seepage, as around a pipe joint.
- a. The insertion of gauze or other material into a body cavity or wound for therapeutic purposes.b. The material so used; a pack.
packing - Medical Definition
- The insertion of gauze or other material into a body cavity or wound for therapeutic purposes.
- The material so used; a pack.