- The large-scale, esp. commercial, processing and packaging of meats, fruits, or vegetables.
- (med.) The filling of a wound or cavity with gauze, etc. to permit drainage and prevent closure.
- Material used to fill in the space around something, especially to make a piston etc. watertight or airtight.
- Material used to wrap a product for sale etc.; packaging.
- A fee charged to cover the costs of packaging.
- Special material used to fill containers or vessels for certain chemically related applications.
Other Word Forms
Origin of packing
- From pack (partly from the verb, partly from the noun) + -ing.