- a device that braces; support
- a system of braces
- The definition of bracing is something invigorating and fresh.
A fragrant summer breeze is an example of something that is bracing.
- Bracing is defined as something that provides support to a structure.
A support pole that is holding up the floors of your home is an example of something that is bracing.
Invigorating or refreshing; strengthening: a bracing tonic.
- A support; a brace.
- Braces considered as a group.
- Present participle of brace.
- "You found it," he said, bracing himself to haul her up.
- He backed up slightly, bracing for her reaction.
- She squeezed her eyes closed, bracing herself.
- She changed into her own clothes and gathered the most important of her belongings before bracing herself to leave the room.
- Where is she? she asked, bracing herself for the answer.