- the act of encasing
- a protective covering; specif.,
- a cleaned intestine as of cattle, a plastic membrane, etc., used to encase processed meats
- the supporting framework of a pneumatic rubber tire exclusive of an inner tube and tread; carcass
- a piece of heavy steel pipe used to line a borehole or well, esp. an oil or gas well
- a frame, as for a window or door opening
- An outer cover: a shell casing; a tire casing.
- The frame or framework for a window or door.
- A metal pipe or tube used as a lining for a water, oil, or gas well.
- A membranous case, often made of animal intestine, used to contain sausage or other processed meat.
- A narrow passage for a rod or cord, as in a curtain or the waistband of a garment, made by folding over a small strip of fabric at its edge along its width and sewing it in place.
- Present participle of case.