Tying is defined as attaching one person or thing to another.
An example of tying is making a bow in your shoe laces to keep them on your feet.
Present participle of tie
- Present participle of tie.
tie +"Ž -ing
- And there's no connection tying him to that money.
- Kris finished tying his boots and crossed to the door, slamming it on his way out.
- It is better, however, especially if the tendency to bear fruit is rather slack, to adopt what the French call en quenouille training 40), which consists in tying or weighting the tips of the branches so as to give them all a downward curve.
- Gabe got dressed, tying one boot as the sound of the shower stopped.
- Then, with her back still turned toward him, she unfastened the drape cord and began tying the knot.