- To become intoxicated; go on a drinking spree.
- To get married.
- To perform a marriage ceremony.
- to confine; restrain; restrict
- to bring into or have a connection
- to make or be consistent, harmonious, etc.
- to attack vigorously
Other Word Forms of Tie
Origin of Tie
Middle English teien from Old English tīgan deuk- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
From Old English tīġan, tiegan.
From Old English tēag, tēah.
Find Similar Words
Find similar words to tie using the buttons below.