Dishes being packed in wadding.
- When you pack up a box full of glasses and you put thick cotton padding into the box to protect the glasses from breaking, this packing is an example of wadding.
- When you put a plug of material in a gun cartridge to hold the gun powder, this material is an example of wadding.
- any soft or fibrous material for use in padding, packing, stuffing, etc.; esp., cotton made up into loose, fluffy sheets, or batting
- any soft material for making wads, as for guns or cartridges
- a wad, or wads collectively
- a. A wad.b. Wads considered as a group.
- A soft layer of cotton, wool, or other fibrous material used for padding or stuffing.
- Material for gun wads.
- A surname.