Dishes being packed in wadding.
- When you pack up a box full of glasses and you put thick cotton padding into the box to protect the glasses from breaking, this packing is an example of wadding.
- When you put a plug of material in a gun cartridge to hold the gun powder, this material is an example of wadding.
Wadding is packing material or absorbent thick material used to protect items, or material used to make a plug in a gun cartridge.
- any soft or fibrous material for use in padding, packing, stuffing, etc.; esp., cotton made up into loose, fluffy sheets, or batting
- any soft material for making wads, as for guns or cartridges
- a wad, or wads collectively
- a. A wad.b. Wads considered as a group.
- A soft layer of cotton, wool, or other fibrous material used for padding or stuffing.
- Material for gun wads.
- A surname.