Two women waiting to see their doctor.
- The definition of waiting is someone or something that remains or stays.
An example of waiting used as an adjective is in the phrase "a waiting patient."
- Waiting is defined as the process of remaining or staying.
An example of waiting is sitting in a doctor's office for an hour for an appointment.
- that waits
- of or for a wait
- that serves or is in attendance
the act of one that waits
in attendance, as on a king or other person of royalty
- The act of remaining inactive or stationary.
- A period of time spent waiting.
- Present participle of wait.
- Your guest has been waiting for you. (progressive) Waiting for something to happen is part of the job. (gerund) They hurried into the waiting car. (participle used as adjective)