- adapted for performance on a stage: an acting version of a play
- that acts; functioning
- temporarily taking over the duties (of a specified position): the acting chairman
A child acting in a play.
- The definition of acting is someone who is filling in temporarily for another or who takes on a job for a short period of time.
An interim chairman is an example of an acting chairman.
- The definition of acting is the job of someone in the performing arts who takes on roles in performances like movies or plays.
Playing a part in a movie is an example of acting.
- Acting is defined as the action of pretending to be someone or something else.
A child who is on all fours and neighing like a horse is an example of acting.
- The occupation of an actor.
- Performance as an actor.
- Present participle of act.
- She is acting responsibly in his behalf.
- If he was angry, he certainly wasn't acting like he usually did.
- You're acting like a kid.
- She.d been acting squirrelly the past two days.
- Hardly. She's not capable of acting anyone's interest but her own. And, if I don't try to get you out of here, she'll still take you and your baby's souls.