The definition of histrionic is overly dramatic behavior or something related to acting, or a personality where someone is prone to drama and overreaction.adjective
- A person who overreacts to every little problem is an example of someone who might be described as histrionic.
- A person with acting talent is an example of someone who might be described as having a histrionic talent.
Histrionic is defined as overly dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.noun
A temper tantrum and a screaming fit are both examples of histrionics.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- of, or having the nature of, acting or actors
- overacted or overacting; theatrical; artificial; affected
Origin: LL histrionicus < L histrio, actor; ult. of Etr orig.
- histrionically adverb
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Of or relating to actors or acting.
- Excessively dramatic or emotional; affected.
Origin: Late Latin histriōnicus, from Latin histriō, histriōn-, actor, probably of Etruscan origin.
- hisˌtri·onˈi·cal·ly adverb