- The definition of histrionic is overly dramatic behavior or something related to acting, or a personality where someone is prone to drama and overreaction.
- A person who overreacts to every little problem is an example of someone who might be described as histrionic.
- A person with acting talent is an example of someone who might be described as having a histrionic talent.
- Histrionic is defined as overly dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.
A temper tantrum and a screaming fit are both examples of histrionics.
- of, or having the nature of, acting or actors
- overacted or overacting; theatrical; artificial; affected
Origin of histrionicLate Latin histrionicus ; from Classical Latin histrio, actor; ultimately of Etruscan origin, originally
- Of or relating to actors or acting.
- Excessively dramatic or emotional; affected.
Origin of histrionicLate Latin histriōnicus, from Latin histriō, histriōn-, actor, probably of Etruscan origin.
(comparative more histrionic, superlative most histrionic)