- The definition of melodramatic is being overly emotional.
An example of a melodramatic person is someone who causes a scene over every little problem.
melodramatic definition by Webster's New World
of, characteristic of, or like melodrama; sensational, violent, and extravagantly emotional
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- melodramatically adverb
melodramatic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Having the excitement and emotional appeal of melodrama: “a melodramatic account of two perilous days spent among the planters” (Frank O. Gatell).
- Exaggeratedly emotional or sentimental; histrionic: “Accuse me, if you will, of melodramatic embroidery” (Erskine Childers).
- Characterized by false pathos and sentiment.
- melˌo·dra·matˈi·cal·ly adverb